Andy Grammer Nation
Thanks for logging in! Make sure to post in the forums and make an account on the site as well as like us on facebook.com/andygrammernation or follow us on twitter @andygramrnation

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Andy Grammer Nation
Thanks for logging in! Make sure to post in the forums and make an account on the site as well as like us on facebook.com/andygrammernation or follow us on twitter @andygramrnation
Andy Grammer Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy's game plan to success.

2 posters

Go down

Andy's game plan to success. Empty Andy's game plan to success.

Post by Anthony Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:09 am

Andy, has talent and looks but how far will that actually take him? I've been asking my question this for a while. He is the complete package of the pop star that people want to see. He has good morals, the right look and a pretty good voice as well as a story behind him. Is that really enough though? Keep Your Head Up has been out for almost a year as a single and he has been touring non-stop promoting this single and yes it has hit #22 on the Billboard top 200 and his album was in the top ten on iTunes for it's debut. He won the MTV Award for innovative music video and has done fairly decent with radio plays. Although, it has been a year and there has been no sign of a second single, and not really any solid promotion besides touring with names like The Plain White T's, Natasha, and Colbie as well as the spot on Jay Leno, Regis and Kelly and his cameo with Taylor Swift at her concert. None of these however have really helped Andy out by making him that over night sensation we all know he should be.

Now, how can he reach a larger audience and prove himself as an artist? First of all, they need to start from scratch, release Miss Me as a second single and stop promoting KYHU by introducing Miss Me at radio shows. He has the perfect time to promote this as the second single since he is on tour and can start telling people that this is his second single etc to gain radio play from the various stations he is going to the days of the concerts. I feel Miss Me could be the stand out of this era, with the right amount of promotion and the funds he needs to promote the song properly. Andy needs a strong music video with a large campaign to really kick this off, and not just facebook and the occasional fly by night tweet by a bigger artist. Andy's KYHU has reached an audience but there are many people who are turned off by that positive sound all the time, especially not that is fall. Miss Me would be the perfect candidate for the 2nd single since it is relateable and the strongest track on the entire album. Thi song will show people Andy isn't just some pop tart and can prove him to be a serious artist like Adele. Proof that Miss Me would do well is A. Someone Like You by Adele and B. Not Over You by Gavin Degraw. Both songs, with the same message but Miss Me is a combination of the two and also feature the best vocals of any AG track on AG.

To continue this, he needs to look ahead and create his name as a brand and an image for himself that separates him from the rest of the artists out there in his category of acoustic rock vibes like jason Mraz or John Mayer. He needs to prove himself as Andy Grammer and not "the guy like Maroon 5 or John Mayer." Again this can be achieved by showcasing his seriousness in tracks like Miss Me, You Should Know Better and Slow.

For the rest of the singles, if there is the right amount of promo to make Miss Me a hit then the other choices won't need as much help since he'll build up a strong and solid fan base that will support the other songs off of the album. I feel he needs to only release three singles from this album and to have either Love Love Love as the third. A strong track that will do well with the younger audience as well as do fairly decent on adult contemporary stations.

After the 3rd single, he should focus on a new direction with the 2nd album, working with song writers and new producers that are different then his current sound. Andy needs to reinvent himself and write songs that aren't just about love. Going for depth will go miles farther but he also needs to work with a producer that will get him so I suggest the duo of Alex Da Kid and Skyler Grey who are famous for tracks like Love The Way You Lie. With a strong second album and the proper funds Andy can secure himself a nice little spot in the industry.

How it should play out -

early December release Miss Me
April - Love Love Love
Take a break to record and write the next album
August 2012 - New single (hopefully not Takes Me Away)
October 2012 - New album

This is my review of AG's career and I hope you respect and offer your opinions as well.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

https://andygrammernation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Andy's game plan to success. Empty Re: Andy's game plan to success.

Post by tarainhouston Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 pm

What do you have against Takes Me Away? I LOVE that song....think it would make a great single. I totally agree with you about Miss Me though. It's definitely my favorite song on the album.

tarainhouston

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:54 pm

I don't have that much against Takes Me Away, I just want to hear Andy write about other things than just love all the time. I know there is more depth in him just from his stuff previous of him being signed.
Anthony
Anthony
Admin

https://andygrammernation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down